Disney Cruise Line has shared details about another new experience that’s coming to the Disney Wish when it debuts in 2022. The Hero Zone is “a futuristic sports arena where guests will experience a brand-new kind of active family play.”
Inspired by the characters of Pixar’s The Incredibles, the Incredi-Games will invite families to take on a highly interactive obstacle course with physical challenges that are themed to the powers of the Parr family members as well as their good friend Frozone.
Here’s how Disney describes some of the activities:
- Heroes will first test their strength by busting through a “brick” wall during Mr. Incredible’s Power Punch.
- Jack-Jack’s Whack-A Rac will pit players against Rocky and his raccoon friends, who you might remember from “The Incredibles 2.”
- Only the most flexible families will conquer the twists and turns of Elastigirl’s Stretch-O-Rama.
- Family speedsters will be the front-runners of Dash’s Mad Dash Mayhem.
- Violet’s Force Field Swing will send supers soaring across a lava field. (Remember, we are using our incredible imaginations here!)
- The strong finish includes a cool down on Frozone’s Ice Slide, where heroes will ascend to the highest peak and slide down the icy slope to victory.
The game show-style experience will feature high-energy hosts, adrenaline-pumping music, special effects, and more. Also, DCL says it’ll be just as enjoyable and entertaining for those who choose to watch from the sidelines as those who are immersed in the action as there is plenty of balcony viewing space for spectators.
Hero Zone will also be the new home of a guest-favorite Disney Cruise Line experience: Jack-Jack’s Incredible Diaper Dash! This competition gives the littlest cruisers the chance to become the Diaper Dash Champion by speed-crawling across a 20-foot track.
When Hero Zone isn’t being utilized for the Incredi-Games, it will become a free-play sports hub where guests can enjoy some friendly competition with basketball, soccer, and a variety of table-top games, including Ping-Pong, air hockey, foosball, and shuffleboard.