Here is the first look at Disney Cruise Line’s sixth ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, the Disney Treasure.
The new ship will embark on its maiden voyage, a seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral, Florida, on December 21, 2024, followed by an inaugural season of seven-night itineraries to the Eastern and Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral.
Disney Treasure Overview
Imagineers have dreamed up a new design concept inspired by the theme of adventure, celebrating Walt Disney’s lifelong love of exploration. The latest in the fleet will have the same size and layout as the Disney Wish, but there will be plenty of reimagined spaces.
The Grand Hall — the magnificent three-deck-tall atrium that welcomes guests on board — is inspired by the grandeur and mystery of a gilded palace, drawing on real-world influences from Asia and Africa and paying homage to the far-off land of Agrabah. The signature statue will feature Aladdin, Jasmine, and their Magic Carpet at the center.
The Grand Hall will unlock a trove of captivating new entertainment, including dedicated shows, character encounters, and musical performances. As the story unfolds for guests on the Disney Treasure, the Aladdin-themed Grand Hall will serve as the ship’s most prominent gathering space, inspiring wonder and exploration during each voyage.
The ship’s stern characters will feature Peter Pan and his longtime rival, Captain Hook, in honor of the ship’s motif of adventure. Sporting a mischievous grin, Peter Pan harnesses the power of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust to decorate the stern. Meanwhile, Captain Hook, covered in yellow paint, leans out of a nearby porthole with a vengeful expression toward Peter Pan.
Disney Treasure Ship Details
- Birthplace: Meyer Werft – Papenburg, Germany
- Maiden Voyage: December 21, 2024
- Passenger Capacity: 4,000 | Gross Tonnage: 144,000 (estimated) tons (confirmed at delivery)
- Number of Staterooms: 1,256 (includes 53 concierge staterooms and 23 concierge suites)
- Length: 1,119 feet | Beam: 128 feet | Height: 221 feet
Disney Cruise Line recently shared images of the keel laying ceremony, a significant milestone in the ship’s construction. The commemorative coin used in the ceremony featured an etching of Captain Minnie Mouse, donning a new look that embodies the ship’s adventure motif.
DISNEY TREASURE STATEROOMS
The luxurious accommodations aboard the Disney Treasure will strike an inviting balance between modern design and nostalgic charm. A fresh, natural color scheme and custom artwork will entice guests to peer beyond their staterooms into fantastical worlds from heartwarming Disney adventures.
The staterooms on board are built with families in mind and feature upscale amenities. Most will include Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bath concept, and many will offer the option of a connecting door that adjoins staterooms to accommodate larger groups voyaging together – with 451 connecting doors in all. In addition, most of the ship’s 1,256 staterooms will offer an ocean view — including 877 (70 percent) with a verandah.
The Disney Treasure will elevate the concierge experience for those guests seeking luxury and a premium level of dedicated service. The concierge-level staterooms and suites will offer both adventure and indulgence and an exclusive concierge lounge with a private sun deck that is the perfect place to relax, sip a cocktail, and enjoy various food and beverages throughout the day. Onboard the Disney Treasure, concierge-level suites will feature elegant interiors inspired by the majestic grasslands Simba calls home in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ The Lion King.
The adventure-inspired accommodations aboard the Disney Treasure will also extend to four royal suites that pay tribute to the faithful feline companions of daring Disney characters. The upscale designs will include the Bagheera Royal Suites, honoring the noble panther from The Jungle Book and the lush forests he calls home, and the Rajah Royal Suites, themed to Princess Jasmine’s protective tiger who dwells in the royal palace of Agrabah in the classic Disney film, Aladdin.
DISNEY TREASURE RESTAURANTS
In addition to the return of two beloved Disney Cruise Line restaurant concepts found on the Disney Wish, the Disney Treasure will introduce a brand-new family entertainment restaurant.
- Plaza de Coco will be the world’s first theatrical dining experience themed to the Disney and Pixar film, Coco. The story of Miguel and his familia will continue where it left off on screen as they gather in Mariachi Plaza to take guests on two nights of colorful, music-filled journeys that celebrate family memories and togetherness with festive dinner menus of modern twists on traditional Mexican fare and a lineup of live entertainment.
- Worlds of Marvel, Disney Cruise Line’s immersive Marvel-themed dining experience, celebrates favorite Avengers characters and stories, including a fantastic interaction with Spider-Man. This high-tech venue aboard the Disney Treasure will offer a worldly menu and unique entertainment, including two nights with distinct shows and dining, all inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- 1923, named for the founding year of Walt Disney Animation Studios, will celebrate the profound impact of Disney’s animation legacy and bring Walt Disney’s love of adventure to life through a nostalgic collection of exploration-themed artwork from modern and classic animated films. Steeped in the glamour of Hollywood’s golden age, the venue’s upscale ambiance will complement a sophisticated menu inspired by the fusion of cultural flavors found throughout California and designed with families in mind.
The Disney Treasure will continue Disney Cruise Line’s innovative family dining concept, where guests experience one of three imaginative restaurants each night, accompanied by a dedicated service team that joins them throughout the voyage, adding a level of familiarity to their dining experience.
The Rose, Palo Steakhouse, and Enchante by Chef Arnaud Lallament will be available for adults; Marceline Market will be the onboard buffet.
The Mickey & Friends Festival of Foods will round out the dining onboard with five themed food stalls serving barbecue, Mexican, grilled items, pizza, and more.
In addition to three main family restaurants, the new ship will feature quick bites, casual dining, 24-hour room service, specialty treats, gourmet cafes, upscale dining just for adults, and Jumbeaux’s Sweets, inspired by the popular ice cream parlor featured in Disney’s Zootopia.
Just off the Grand Hall, you’ll find two walk-up cafes serving a selection of coffee, tea, specialty beverages, and snacks. The HeiHei Cafe is inspired by Moana and named after her trusty sidekick and will echo the scalloped seashells and reflective blue waters of the Southern Pacific Isle of Motunui with furniture stylings that pay homage to a traditional construction technique used by the Polynesian people to craft seafaring vessels. The Jade Cricket Cafe is inspired by Mulan and her family’s lucky cricket, Cri-Kee, who will be represented by a jade sculpture on the bar along with striking blue walls and metallic counters reminiscent of Mulan’s armor, plus the central moon gate and plum blossom flowers adorning the walls. These cafes are the Wishing Star and Enchanted Sword Cafes on the Disney Wish.
Exquisite Specialty Dining
Fan-favorite, adult-exclusive dining locations will also return on the Disney Treasure. Guests will savor gourmet meals and exceptional beverages at Palo Steakhouse, Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement and The Rose, an upscale suite of epicurean excellence exclusively for adults, inspired by the elegant icons of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Beauty and the Beast.
- The popular Palo Steakhouse will come to the Disney Treasure, combining the relaxed sophistication of authentic Italian dining with the classic refinement of a modern steakhouse in a genteel setting inspired by Cogsworth, the tale’s majordomo-turned-enchanted-clock.
- Enchanté will offer the most luxurious dining experience on board, featuring a gourmet menu crafted by three-Michelin-starred Chef Arnaud Lallement. This romantic and intimate venue will evoke the dazzling spirit of the film’s candelabra maître d’, Lumiere.
- The Rose will be a chic lounge at the entrance of Palo Steakhouse and Enchanté. Inspired by the fateful flower at the heart of the story, The Rose will be an idyllic setting for a pre-dinner aperitif or after-dinner cocktail.
DISNEY TREASURE LOUNGES
Aboard the Disney Treasure, adults will explore, relax, dine, and play with venues and entertainment tailored just for them. These adult-only experiences will offer elevated interpretations of Disney adventures and Disney Parks attractions, with sophisticated theming ranging from subtle inspiration to full immersion, allowing guests to customize their vacation according to their interests.
Periscope Pub will be Disney Cruise Line’s first venue inspired by the spellbinding adventure of Walt Disney’s 1954 film, “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea,” and the celebrated Disney Parks attraction that was open at Walt Disney World from 1971 to 1994. Guests will dive into the mythical depths of uncharted oceans amidst the submarine-styled interiors and take a look at the watery world below through an intriguing glass ceiling. In addition to watching the latest sports games, explorers at the Periscope Pub will encounter a menu of craft brews and light bites.
Adventure awaits guests beneath a tangle of untamed foliage at Skipper Society. This centrally located outpost will feature refined nods to the iconic Jungle Cruise attraction at Disney theme parks around the globe. The venue’s natural colorways and camp-style furnishings, paired with sly tributes to the trusty, dry-witted skippers who lead world-famous tours across treacherous waterways, will offer an elevated yet playful atmosphere where guests will indulge in themed cocktails and light snacks.
DISNEY TREASURE ENTERTAINMENT
Families will come together to enjoy new and timeless, beloved Disney Cruise Line entertainment aboard the Disney Treasure, immersing guests in real and imagined worlds through interactive storytelling, character encounters, and Broadway-style theatrical adaptations of inspiring Disney adventures.
Named for the lioness matriarch from Disney’s The Lion King, Sarabi will be a central hub for a multitude of daytime activities and adult-exclusive evening entertainment. The uniquely designed two-story space will evoke the natural beauty and openness of the savanna and will feature cruise line classics such as Match Your Mate and Family Time Game Show, and new favorites that debuted on the Disney Wish like Villains Game Night.
The Walt Disney Theatre is an opulent show palace that will come alive with original Broadway-style productions developed exclusively for Disney Cruise Line – Beauty and the Beast and Disney Seas the Adventure – both Disney Cruise Line fan-favorites. The former will bring Belle’s enchanting adventure to life on stage by incorporating imaginative elements from the live-action film and the classic animated feature, while the latter will be an original musical spectacular that features beloved characters from Disney and Pixar stories alongside rousing renditions of iconic Disney songs. More details about a third, all-new show coming to the Disney Treasure will be released soon.
Hero Zone and the Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas, popular spaces from the Disney Wish, will provide family entertainment aboard the Disney Treasure. Hero Zone will offer a progressive sports and recreation venue where action-packed physical challenges will blend with game show-style competitions, while the Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas, intimate, luxe screening rooms, will elevate the onboard cinematic experience for guests to watch first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and more.
DISNEY TREASURE KIDS CLUBS
Aboard the Disney Treasure, children will embark on Disney adventures of their own with dedicated spaces and interactive programming for every age group—infants and toddlers, children, tweens, and teens.
Disney’s Oceaneer Club, Edge, Vibe, and It’s a Small World Nursery will be exact replicas of the Disney Wish. Mickey and Minnie’s Captain’s Deck, Walt Disney Imagineering Lab, Fairytale Hall, Star Wars: Cargo Bay, and Marvel Super Hero Academy will all be found in the Oceaneer Club. The only difference from the Disney Wish is you’ll take a Jungle Book-themed slide down into the club versus Alice in Wonderland.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy is a high-tech Avengers headquarters where young “recruits” will train to be the next generation of Super Heroes with the help of their own heroes, like Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man.
- Fairytale Hall is a royal collection of activity rooms where princesses and princes will let their creativity shine at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library and more.
- At Walt Disney Imagineering Lab, kids will discover the secrets of world-renowned Disney Imagineers — the creative masterminds behind Disney theme parks, resorts and cruise ships — with hands-on activities and inventive experiments.
- At Star Wars: Cargo Bay, the peculiar creatures and legendary characters from a galaxy far, far away take center stage immersing kids in their own Star Wars story as they take on the role of creature handlers and learn to manage a mischievous menagerie of exotic beings.
- Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck is a nautical playground inspired by the colors, icons and magic of Disney Cruise Line. Little cadets will set sail on a fun-filled adventure with an array of maritime-themed physical and sensory-style games and activities.
DISNEY TREASURE RECREATION
Surrounded by the open ocean and sky, the adventures will continue on the upper decks of the Disney Treasure, with three distinct districts offering fun water activities, quick and casual dining options, and plenty of space to relax and soak up the sun.
In an expansive district themed to Mickey and friends, families will discover seven pools staggered among tiered decks, an abundance of luxe lounge chairs, an imaginative take on fast-casual fare with a festive character twist, and Disney Cruise Line’s own attraction at sea, AquaMouse.
AquaMouse: Curse of the Golden Egg will plunge guests into the world of Mickey Mouse animated shorts. Suspended high above the upper decks, powerful jets will propel two-person ride vehicles through 760 feet of winding tubes, offering breathtaking views of the ocean and the ship below. Onboard the Disney Treasure, AquaMouse will introduce an all-new storyline that follows Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse on a zany misadventure into an ancient temple. Guests will journey with the pair as they embark on a tour of mysterious ruins for a glimpse of the legendary treasure within and encounter a series of hilarious mishaps and booby traps that take the trek in unexpected directions.
Like aboard the Disney Wish, little ones will delight in a Toy Story-themed district designed especially for families with toddlers and young children, including a splash zone, wading pool, family waterslide, and smoothie bar.
In addition, adults can indulge in sun-drenched serenity at Quiet Cove, a peaceful refuge dedicated to lounging, sipping, and soaking. Set away from the bustle of family activities, this secluded adults-only district will feature a luxurious infinity pool, poolside bar, and chic cafe.
Senses Spa will remain an escape for those looking to relax as only one can on a Disney Cruise Line spa.
DISNEY TREASURE SECRETS FOR DISNEY PARKS FANS
- At Disneyland Resort, a variety of flora and fauna sprouting around Jungle Cruise gives guests the sense that they are sailing in waterways around the globe. In honor of the original attraction, the plants throughout the Skipper Society on the Disney Treasure will be the same foliage species thriving in Disneyland.
- You may notice the vintage-style luggage stacked neatly behind the bar at Skipper Society featured in the artist rendering of the venue. Each suitcase will be plastered with travel stickers that represent locations depicted inside the Jungle Cruise attraction – including the backside of water!
- It’s hard to forget the iconic green and red architecture of the attraction building in Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World Resort, which announces to all who see it that they are steps away from a hilarious adventure onboard the Jungle Cruise! As it happens, the green and red tones depicted on the walls of Skipper Society will be exact color matches to the Jungle Cruise attraction marquee at Magic Kingdom.
- While sipping cocktails or sampling tasty morsels at Skipper Society, future Disney Treasure guests will hear familiar music playing in the venue, including spiels from the Jungle Cruise attractions around the world! That means you’ll hear Skipper voices from across the globe and in various languages such as English, Dutch, French, Cantonese, and more.
- Skipper Society will have a jungle boat name of its own! Imagineers will dub the vessel housing the bar “Ems Empress” after the Ems River where the Disney Treasure will make her first voyage to sea. An “Ems Empress” sign will hang proudly inside the venue when the Disney Treasure sets sail in December 2024.
- Throughout the Periscope Pub, guests will discover various artifacts, drawings and books used by Captain Nemo and his brave crew during undersea explorations on the Nautilus.
- Only eagle-eyed fans will spot the hidden numbers located behind the bar in Periscope Pub! Disney Imagineers will include numbers on the large submarine pressure gauge decorating the back bar of the venue. These numbers honor the geographical coordinates of Meyer Werft shipyard where the Disney Treasure was built, and the official hull numbers of each ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
- The Periscope Pub will offer a delicious menu of light bites, undersea-inspired drinks and craft brews, including three exclusive tap beers that will be uniquely themed to the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea film and celebrated theme park attraction.
- Beloved by generations of Disney Parks goers, Figment is the adorable purple dragon who first debuted at the Journey Into Imagination attraction at EPCOT at Walt Disney World. In the Tomorrow Tower Suite, guests will encounter Figment posing in various hiding places.
- Imagineers will place a special sculpture at the base of the Tomorrow Tower Suite’s spiral staircase that honors the iconic EPCOT landmark, Spaceship Earth. The sculpture will bring the spirit of EPCOT to life when guests enter the suite through music and lighting effects.