A question we often get from our listeners and readers is if passengers can bring their own alcohol onboard their Disney cruise. It’s fairly well known that purchasing alcoholic beverages on your Disney cruise can be a pricey option, and due to this, many cruisers choose to bring their own adult beverages with them, but there are very specific rules you need to be aware of prior to arriving for your cruise.
Guests 21 years and older are permitted to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) when they first board their cruise and at each port of call. The bottles or cans must be packed in your carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage. So, if there is a particular adult beverage that you know you can purchase in one of the ports of call on your itinerary, fear not as you can make your purchases as long as you stay within the limitations.
Guests who wish to bring the wine or champagne that they have brought to enjoy in one of the onboard dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $25.00* per bottle.
Important items to note:
- Any alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the end of the cruise.
- All alcohol brought onboard must be in its original, unopened container. Partially used bottles and those in which the seal has been broken will be destroyed and no compensation will be offered.
- Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers will be stored until the end of the cruise.
- Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) onboard is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.
- Guest MUST retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Items not retrieved will be destroyed and no compensation will be offered.
- Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
If you prefer to drink draft beer from any of the restaurants, lounges, or bars onboard the ship, there is one way that you can save a few bucks. Disney Cruise Line sells a 21-ounce glass refillable beer mug. When you bring the mug to have it refilled, you pay the standard pour price for 16 ounces, so you’re getting an extra 5 ounces each time you use it. If you’re a big beer drinker, purchasing this mug will save you a few vacation dollars during the duration of your cruise. In February 2022, the cost of the mug was $15.25 (plus tax), but that price can change at any time.
*It’s important to note that the Disney Cruise Line alcohol policy is subject to change without notice as are their corkage fees.